Shift patterns badges resources.

Oddball categories that are too big in their own scope to fit anyplace else. (like Wheels).

Shift patterns badges resources.

Postby Trinten » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:39 pm

I was amazed at how expensive shift pattern badges could get (some where over 30 bucks, wtf??) so I was pleasantly surprised when I found this place, via ebay.

http://augerresources.com/shiftpattern.php

Standard shipping is included in the price. So I just got myself the proper 5 speed shifter decal thing, in silver, from them for 9.99.
1986 Pontiac Fiero GT, 355 cubic inch small block Chevy putting down 371 HP and 381 ft/lbs torque at the wheels, with more to come!
Trinten
Site Admin

Re: Shift patterns badges resources.

Postby Fierofool » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:01 am

Rodney Dickman sells them, also. They are vinyl instead of metal.
http://rodneydickman.com/catalog/index. ... db1ab5dd5d
Love my Fieros, S-curves and speed.
It's what driving was meant to be.

Participating in a gun buy-back program to prevent crime is like having yourself sterilized because your neighbor has too many kids. Author Unknown.
Fierofool

Postby Trinten » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:07 pm

Nice! Thanks for letting us know!

That's the one draw back with the one I got, it was a hair too big to fit into the notch for it.
1986 Pontiac Fiero GT, 355 cubic inch small block Chevy putting down 371 HP and 381 ft/lbs torque at the wheels, with more to come!
Trinten
Site Admin

Postby Fierofool » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:01 pm

Is there enough contact area to make it stay in place? I like the looks of them. Maybe the stock pattern area could be filled with JB Weld and smoothed out level to give full contact with the adhesive.

Participating in a gun buy-back program to prevent crime is like having yourself sterilized because your neighbor has too many kids. Author Unknown.
Fierofool

Postby Trinten » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:07 pm

Yup, there was a decorative line around the near-edge of the badge, I'd have to slice it down to get rid of that outer line to get it to sit. The adhesive on the back of there is damn good. It sticks pretty good with what touches. Hasn't moved at all.
Trinten
Site Admin

Postby Fierofool » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:11 pm

I was thinking more on line of leaving it original size, filling the pattern area on the console to the same level as the rest of the plate then sticking that metal decal down on top of it. Would that work?

Fierofool

Postby Trinten » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:23 pm

Yeah, I think that'd work great. The badge wouldn't be flush, I'm aware it's there when I brush my hand over the console (it has never shifted). But if that isn't a big deal then you definitely wouldn't need to worry about it moving!
Trinten
Site Admin

Postby Drew-py » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:22 pm

Trinten wrote:so I was pleasantly surprised when I found this place, via ebay.

http://augerresources.com/shiftpattern.php

when the time comes this is where I will purchase my shift pattern badges from for both the "P" and the Carlo
87 GT 3800 II SC, 07 GXP, 91 GMC Syclone #2811
Drew-py

Return to Misc.