[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4769: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
N.C. Fiero • View topic - A/C Whoes!!

A/C Whoes!!

A/C Whoes!!

Postby Chug » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:34 pm

So I noticed the other day that the A/C in the Indy wasn't blowing cold like it did last fall. So I had decided to go to the Advance and get to get some Freon. So I got some Freon and a paperclip, jumped the CICO switch to get the compressor going and started blowing Freon in. I get it running perfectly and take the paperclip out and plug it back into the CICO switch and the pressure shows that the compressor isn't running right. So I take a look at the Compressor and notice that the clutch is slipping and it cant make the initial startup to run. So now i need a clutch for the A/C, and let me tell ya they aren't too damn cheap :( Now all i have to do is figure out if I have a HR6 or a DA6 Compressor so I can buy a clutch :( . I was going to fix the A/C then head to a friends house to look at an electrical issue, but the fix didn't fix it. I took out the sunroof and popped in the deflector and rode with the windows down and the wind shredded the headliner. I guess that its time to spend a few bucks on the Indy instead of the Typhoon :(
Yes it can be done, it just depends on how deep your wallet is!
Chug

Re: A/C Whoes!!

Postby Red86GT » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:45 pm

Dude I am sorry that is definitely some whoes....Hope things get figured out and your chillin rather than sweetn in the indy.
Red86GT

Postby Drew-py » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:16 pm

sorry to hear all the trouble with staying cool wish it was that easy for me to get cold but you know what that will take, real crappy about the headliner to those are fun to have fixed. well we wanted our Fieros because we love them not ba-cause they are a get in and go car
87 GT 3800 II SC, 07 GXP, 91 GMC Syclone #2811
Drew-py

Postby Trinten » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:06 pm

I have an extra A/C compressor ... someplace. if I find it I can ship it to you. I think it's an HR6.
1986 Pontiac Fiero GT, 355 cubic inch small block Chevy putting down 371 HP and 381 ft/lbs torque at the wheels, with more to come!
Trinten
Site Admin

Postby Chug » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:38 am

Chug

Postby Chug » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:39 am

Chug

Postby Drew-py » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:34 pm

I would snatch up that 5spd even if it is an Isuzu your car will be just fine with it. It is a shame Foss cant sell out whole cars.
87 GT 3800 II SC, 07 GXP, 91 GMC Syclone #2811
Drew-py

Postby Chug » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:53 pm

I want to get a whole car for parts so that I can take my time and make sure I don't have to keep making return trips
Chug

Return to Troubleshooting