Custom vinyl graphics

Custom vinyl graphics

Postby CowsPatoot » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:08 am

My nephew has acquired a vinyl cutting machine, and is interested in doing graphics for people. He is aware of the fact that Fiero owners are cheap bastards (no offense intended here, I am the worst offender), and he is willing to take that into account when he is setting his prices. His prices will also take into account that he doesn't have the experience that Paul McGibbon (Fierosails.com) has. But, he is willing to experiment as long as he makes enough to cover the cost of the vinyl (which isn't much). While I was there, he made me a batch of 16 of the Fiero emblems for the wheel center caps....they turned out great, but we discovered that something with that fine of detail takes a lot of prep work with a steady hand after they are cut (gotta remove all the unused portions).

His cutter will do a max of 22" wide, but there is no limit on length (limited by the length of the vinyl, which I think is 30 feet). He prefers to receive graphics in a vector format, but can convert from other common formats (naturally, the less he has to do, the lower the price will be.

In short....if you want any custom vinyl work done, he is probably your cheapest method right now. If you aren't sure if you want it or not, he is cheap enough to justify ordering it, and decide if you want to put it on once you see it in person. I plan to have him cut out a stack of ncfiero.com stickers and hand them out to anyone that will display them....what color do we want, and what design?

Although he is looking mainly for experience right now....he does want to make a little money also. I plan to make up some patterns so that he can cut out clear vinyl sections for protecting the paint on the Fiero (similar to http://www.starshieldsolutions.com/ )...anyone else interested in this? Any other ideas of what would sell well for him?

His website: http://datsmore.com/ignis/
His email: ignisindustries@gmail.com
Make sure you mention NCFieros or CowsPatoot to get the "cheap bastard" pricing.
CowsPatoot

Re: Custom vinyl graphics

Postby Trinten » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:28 pm

Hey that's pretty cool!

Chug has asked me to work on redoing the logo (uniform font, different flames, wider flame layout), but work has not been my friend. I'm working about 4 hours a day on my day off, and it seems like that might be the norm for some time to come.

But once the logo is redone, I'll definitely hit him up for a stack to take with me to Fiero meets. Even if I don't have my Fiero at the time. ;)
1986 Pontiac Fiero GT, 355 cubic inch small block Chevy putting down 371 HP and 381 ft/lbs torque at the wheels, with more to come!
Trinten
Site Admin

Re: Custom vinyl graphics

Postby Drew-py » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:30 pm

I am certainly about supporting our community and am in need of my visor decal replaced. I know the font and dimensions so I will hit him up when its time, the center cap logos are of interest as well as when the new logos are finished
87 GT 3800 II SC, 07 GXP, 91 GMC Syclone #2811
Drew-py

Return to For Sale