Clutchnet (EZ Clutch) stock pressure plate and 6 puck cerami

Clutchnet (EZ Clutch) stock pressure plate and 6 puck cerami

Postby Trinten » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:51 pm

Last year FieroGuru started the EFI conversion on my car. I had previously ordered a 3x pressure plate and 6 puck ceramic clutch from Clutchnet. FieroGuru suggested I replace it since he had the engine out. So I called them up and ordered what I had ordered before.

Long story short(er), I got the right clutch, but the pressure plate was stock pressure. FieroGuru detected the issue and it had less than 50 miles on it before it was taken out.

The pressure plate does have a little surface rust on it from sitting around for months and months. I'm asking 150 plus shipping. It's for a 5 speed.

I loved the quality of the parts, the company just didn't have great customer service. It's a sprung hub, and had very smooth engagement for me.

1986 Pontiac Fiero GT, 355 cubic inch small block Chevy putting down 371 HP and 381 ft/lbs torque at the wheels, with more to come!
Trinten
Site Admin

Re: Clutchnet (EZ Clutch) stock pressure plate and 6 puck ce

Postby carolinarigman » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:01 am

I'm looking for some parts to put a f23 behind a V6, but I need a bellhousing or a fairly inexpensive 2000-02
Cavalier or sunfire Vin 4 transaxle before I can get the clutch which looks great!
Do you have one or know how to get in touch wit EMC209i? I think he has a couple of them but I can't
get in touch with him. :?:

Thanks!
Doug
carolinarigman

Postby Trinten » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:41 am

Hey Doug!

To my knowledge EMCi doesn't have any spare ones laying around, but I will get a hold of him and ask.
I lucked out with my F23, I found it through car-parts.com - it was at a yard about an hour away from me, but had under 5k miles and was 400-ish bucks.

This clutch (which I did sell), is a good clutch - BUT THE COMPANY'S CUSTOMER SERVICE IS TERRIBLE. I wound up going with a Spec Stage 3+, which apparently does not have some of the issues some folks were seeing with the Stage 3.

Drew-py also worked with a clutch maker, told him what he wanted, what the space constraints he had were, and they put together a custom clutch for him -- I don't remember right now how that's holding up for him.
1986 Pontiac Fiero GT, 355 cubic inch small block Chevy putting down 371 HP and 381 ft/lbs torque at the wheels, with more to come!
Trinten
Site Admin

Postby carolinarigman » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:11 pm

Howdy!! I saw where Emc responded on another site that he had a couple, but I don't know if he mean't bellhousings or cavalier trans axles. He told the guy if he didn't want to get his hands dirty, where to find another
one somewhere else, he didn't have time to take it apart! lol I don't care to get dirty, but I can't drop a cradle with my back injuries and limited tools on hand at his place, but I'll have a big helper! lol :lol:

Thanks!!
Doug Meadows
carolinarigman

Postby Trinten » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:25 am

What is it going to be bolting up to? 3800? Factory V6?
Trinten
Site Admin

Postby Trinten » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:57 am

Sold!
Trinten
Site Admin

Return to For Sale