new to your forum

Introduce yourself here!

new to your forum

Postby splitgrill » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:21 pm

Thanks for lettimg me join your group. I'm in S.C. My fiero is in the back yard for now, needs tlc($$), 86 SE, ragged out & chopped up w/mods which r incomplete. Like many, budget has shrunk, many other chores to do, time eases by. Not complain', just life. Many cool projects going on 4 many of y'all. Seems to be lots of fiero activity up your way also. Wife has family in Monroe, be there 4 Christmas dinner.
Merry Christmas to all.
splitgrill

Re: new to your forum

Postby Trinten » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:34 pm

Hey Splitgrill

Thanks for joining us! Feel free to start a build thread, put up some pics, what you've done so far, what you've started, what you plan to do. We love that kind of stuff!
1986 Pontiac Fiero GT, 355 cubic inch small block Chevy putting down 371 HP and 381 ft/lbs torque at the wheels, with more to come!
Trinten
Site Admin

Postby mkiker2089 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:34 pm

Pictures are needed. The good and the bad.

I will share what I've learned about cars on the back burner. Look inside them, if possible drive them, keep them on your mind. I've seen cars rot because they are "forgotten" about.

See my thread in the general section for my personal story. It was built on a budget that couldn't even be called shoestring. One part at a time.
Marshall-
Nun sacciu, nun vidi, nun ceru e si ceru durmiv.
I know nothing, I see nothing, I wasn't there,
and if I was there, I was asleep.
mkiker2089

Postby splitgrill » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:02 pm

Dang, I knew my life would be short here. Tryed to do a photo bucket thing a couple yrs back-never got it to work. My skills on this thing are
"VERY" limited. My wife has little patience w/me any more as I don't grasp the concept. Peace
splitgrill

Postby Trinten » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:25 pm

When he said "pictures are needed" he wasn't be literal. They aren't mandatory or anything. You can still post here. :)

You can email me the pics and I can post them up for you.
1986 Pontiac Fiero GT, 355 cubic inch small block Chevy putting down 371 HP and 381 ft/lbs torque at the wheels, with more to come!
Trinten
Site Admin

Postby Chug » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:39 pm

you can send pics to me also and I can host them for you.

Welcome!!!
Yes it can be done, it just depends on how deep your wallet is!
Chug

Postby Red86GT » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:24 pm

Welcome Splitgrill!
Red86GT

Postby Fierofool » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:45 am

Hey, everyone, regarding posting pictures. Pictures posted through a lot of the online services like PhotoBucket and others will go away after a while. Just imagine all the work you've done to document your build for everyone and it disappears just when someone else is trying to gather information for their build. If you want them to stay here as long as the forum is up, go to Pennocks Fiero Forum or Georgia Fieros and download either version of PIP.

Pictures posted through those mediums will stay here forever. You may have to also go to PowerToysForWindows and download an Image Resizer for your version of windows in order for PIP to accept the image.

Edited to add that you can use those versions of PIP to post pictures almost anywhere.
Last edited by Fierofool on Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Love my Fieros, S-curves and speed.
It's what driving was meant to be.

Participating in a gun buy-back program to prevent crime is like having yourself sterilized because your neighbor has too many kids. Author Unknown.
Fierofool

Postby Trinten » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:01 am

I didn't know there was a time-limit on Webshots! Thanks for the heads-up.
Trinten
Site Admin

Postby Emc209i » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:56 pm

Imageshack.us has no expiration date.

That's where the F23 pictures are.
Emc209i

Postby Fierofool » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:34 pm

I wasn't sure if it was ImageShack or PhotoBucket. The PIP versions are hosted on your bulletin board, so as long as it's alive, your pics will stay. You can even use PIP to post pictures in most other forums. Here's the link to the Georgia Fieros version. http://gafieroclub.org/bbs/index.php?topic=438.0 The other can be found on the bottom of the pages of Pennocks Fiero Forum.

SplitGrill, welcome. You won't find a nicer group of people than the Fiero community. Even if your username SplitGrill might refer to the BMW instead of Pontiac. ;)
Love my Fieros, S-curves and speed.
It's what driving was meant to be.

Participating in a gun buy-back program to prevent crime is like having yourself sterilized because your neighbor has too many kids. Author Unknown.
Fierofool

Postby mkiker2089 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:48 pm

Using PIP hosts them on Penocks FTP server correct if you use his version or on Georgia's if you use theirs. I use pixhost for the less important stuff to save him space and bandwidth. I haven't actually used the software yet to test it though.

If my truck photos disappear it's no biggie. I don't even have an account with them so if I lose the links I'd have to re-upload them.

I know some forums have their own hosting for that very reason. I am a member of the Grand Am forum and it does that.

edit- just downloaded it, there isn't a profile for this forum, but one can manually set it up I suppose. Would this forum allow hosting however even if one did set it up as such? There must be size limitations on storage to consider.
Marshall-
Nun sacciu, nun vidi, nun ceru e si ceru durmiv.
I know nothing, I see nothing, I wasn't there,
and if I was there, I was asleep.
mkiker2089

Postby Trinten » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:58 pm

I'm going to look into getting the PIP system setup here. I'd hate to trouble any other groups to host our pictures and eat up their bandwidth with it. We should have plenty of space and bandwidth to support the software for the foreseeable future.
Trinten
Site Admin

Postby splitgrill » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:05 pm

Well folks, I signed up 4 the imageposter thing. The blue colored thing went to some load it page but I didn't get thru it. I just don't want to waste people's time tryiny to explain how to do it. I tread tons of paper car books & kit car rags which I enjoy. Have pics of my old beater,
just not able to share. The wife said she would try the I/P site? & see if we can figure it out. Thanks for all the positive posts.
splitgrill

Postby Trinten » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:16 pm

If all else fails, just email me the pictures and I'll post them for you. :)
Trinten
Site Admin

Postby Drew-py » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:24 pm

welcome Slpitgrill, your name wouldn't have anything to do with you owning a 70's 1/2 yr 2nd gen camaro by chance, nothing wrong with multiple toys but take my advice focus on one at a time.
87 GT 3800 II SC, 07 GXP, 91 GMC Syclone #2811
Drew-py

Postby splitgrill » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:08 pm

No Sir, the only camaro I owned was a 68, SS350, 4 spd, posi gears. Like others, wish I still had it. Splitgrill keeps me centered on pontiacs(fieros).
splitgrill

Return to Newbies