FNG On Deck.

Introduce yourself here!

FNG On Deck.

Postby Teddy2toes » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:31 am

Hello guys, The name is Teddy2Toes That is a nickname I have acquired from a few of my closest buddies because I have lost a few toes on my right foot along with a few other parts(long story). Anyway I don't want to ramble to much, I live in Kinston Nc and I have a white 86gt. I have been working on it for several years now but she is still very much a work in progress. I'm 40 years of age. I have always loved these cars since they first came out but when I was younger my folks wouldn't let me get one saying that they were too dangerous. Life has had alot of twists and turns for me the last few years but to make a long story short about six years ago I found myself in a hospital for almost a year trying to recover and my brother would bring me the carolina bargain trader to read. Well low and behold in the bargain section i found my car. She was wrecked, almost a total loss just like me, and I told my family that if that car wasn't sold by the time I got out of that hole, It would be mine. I like to be a man of my word, so after eight months in there she now resides with me. I have rebuilt her and drive her daily now. I'm almost done with the bodywork and I just wrapped up my interior. I hope to paint her myself as soon as it warms back up. I have never tried my hand at restoring a car before, but my brother has, and he is helping me to not screw it up too bad. I look forward to meeting you guys and begging for your advise. Thank you for your time.
Teddy2toes

Re: FNG On Deck.

Postby Chug » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:20 pm

Welcome, I'm guessing you found us via Drew-py on the flea market. If you know of others bring them this way. I love to hear of these cars being saved instead of just throwing them away!! I'm here in Jacksonville you are welcome to come out any time to get together!!

Chug
Yes it can be done, it just depends on how deep your wallet is!
Chug

Postby Trinten » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:50 pm

Hey Teddy!

Welcome to the forum!

If you're willing to share, we'd like to hear the story behind the toes. Everyone likes good "scar" stories!
1986 Pontiac Fiero GT, 355 cubic inch small block Chevy putting down 371 HP and 381 ft/lbs torque at the wheels, with more to come!
Trinten
Site Admin

Postby ChuckLS1 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:54 am

Welcome!
Chuck
1988 Formula w/fastback
2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP
ChuckLS1

Postby BIL » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:37 pm

Welcome to the club. Great to hear your saving another one of these american mucscle cars. Lol !
BIL

Postby Red86GT » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:13 pm

Welcome!!
Red86GT

Postby Drew-py » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:12 pm

Welcome I know we have talked before just not been able to post while I was away at school
87 GT 3800 II SC, 07 GXP, 91 GMC Syclone #2811
Drew-py

Return to Newbies