New Member to the site

Introduce yourself here!

New Member to the site

Postby Indianajones » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:34 pm

Well I'm not new to Fiero's or most anything that has to do with Torque, Recoil, or the need for speed. Yes I'm a old school "Gearhead" notice I don't spell it the Kool Skool way. I have been building Hot Rods, Drag Cars, and Bikes for over 40 years. I have owned a few Fiero's over the years. I can fab just about anything in my home shop and I have a ball just playing with my toys, which are currently a 1986 S-10 that is dropped 4-5 to get it where it should be. It has had a 383 SBC, Ford V8 Flatty just because I could, and currently a 2.5 that is pumped up with a little turbo and some motor work, I have a couple of Bikes one is a Metric Yamaha Road Star Bagger that I have pumped up to 108Ci with Patrick Racing Cams, Head work, Port Matched Intake, 2-1 pipes, blueprinted Carb, and a little 25 shot of N2O just to piss off my Harley Buddies. Puts out 139HP on the Dyno and then Flip on the NOS and she has 155HP on tap at the back wheel. So enough of that. I have found a little 1987 GT that is loaded with all the accessories for that year, as well as the suck a$$ 3 speed automatic but it's a keeper that I'm restoring back to showroom condition. I have chased down all the documents, Pontiac Fiero Media, Promo ad slicks, and the owner had the Original Window Sticker that he kept in a folder that is almost mint for it when I acquired it. I'm having a ball with it. So for now that is about all I have to share.

Moved down south from Indiana to enjoy all the great weather, food, and getting ready to retire and start the dream job I have wanted for a long time. Dropping the Suit for jeans, t-shirt, and custom fabrication Shop. Can't get there quick enough.
Indianajones

Re: New Member to the site

Postby Trinten » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:22 pm

Welcome to the site!

Good luck with your fabrication shop/goals! I know it's a little odd to have two forums going till the main site is done and the layout and feel are all tuned (including for the forums), but I hope you registered there too!

What kind of fabrication do you do? And is it primarily in metal, or do you get into fiberglass and carbon-fiber?
1986 Pontiac Fiero GT, 355 cubic inch small block Chevy putting down 371 HP and 381 ft/lbs torque at the wheels, with more to come!
Trinten
Site Admin

Postby Chug » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:42 pm

Welcome to the madness!!!!! Please check out the main site at www.ncfiero.com

I, too, am a S-10 fanatic. I have owned 9 of them and currently own #7 Here is a thread on it viewtopic.php?f=28&t=32 Its an interesting read!!! ;)
Yes it can be done, it just depends on how deep your wallet is!
Chug

Postby Drew-py » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:30 pm

Welcome to our corner, retirement to your dream goal is what we all want, glad to see someone is making it there. Like Chug I too have owned a couple S-10's over the years and currently own a GMC Syclone that Chug found for me after learning I was looking for one.
87 GT 3800 II SC, 07 GXP, 91 GMC Syclone #2811
Drew-py

Postby Red86GT » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:04 am

Welcome!
Red86GT

Return to Newbies