NC Mountain Cruise and Lunch

Discussion for meetings, cookouts, parties, etc.

Re: NC Mountain Cruise and Lunch

Postby Trinten » Sat May 18, 2013 7:01 pm

Risked taking the Fiero (as you guys now know). Thankfully the belt didn't snap, but whenever the rain hit, it made a lot of noise. So would try to coast as much as possible in those places until I got through the showers in that stretch and the belt gripped again.

Thanks CP for spotting that I need to replace that vacuum cap! It was nice meeting up with you guys!
1986 Pontiac Fiero GT, 355 cubic inch small block Chevy putting down 371 HP and 381 ft/lbs torque at the wheels, with more to come!
Trinten
Site Admin

Postby Fierofool » Sat May 18, 2013 9:56 pm

The day went pretty smoothly. Everybody hooked up on time and we rolled into Asheville at the Stone Ridge Tavern at exactly our planned time, despite the generous helping of Pea Soup we partook of between Waynesville and Asheville as we drove the BR Parkway.

No breakdowns or problems with any of the 6 Fieros that participated. Scott and I rolled back into Atlanta at 8PM. Time for bed. I'll resize and post my pictures tomorrow. Thanks Trinten, Greg, Colin, Pat and Linda, Scott Brown, Steve and Gretchen.
Love my Fieros, S-curves and speed.
It's what driving was meant to be.

Participating in a gun buy-back program to prevent crime is like having yourself sterilized because your neighbor has too many kids. Author Unknown.
Fierofool

Postby Fierofool » Sun May 19, 2013 9:23 am

We had a nice easy cruise along the Blue Ridge Parkway. TopNotch and GrannyLinda, Scott Brown, and TinMan and his wife Gretchen from Georgia met Greg and Colin in Franklin.

Weather was decent through Waynesville and as we got onto the Blue Ridge Parkway. We had been on the Parkway for a bit when we stopped for a stretch and some pics. The weather was still decent.

Then the clouds rolled in. This is good compared to the 20-30 feet visibility we generally drove in.

At one point, I was within about 10 feet of running over a couple of bicyclists who were riding in the middle of the lane. Just happened to see the little flashing red light. If we hadn't been running at such a slow speed, I probably would have hit them. Then, they passed up 2 or 3 overlooks and refused to get out of our way.

We finally rolled out of the soup.

Hit some occasional spots of rain but still easy driving.....

....and finally got to see some more of what we came to see.

Tinman turned around in the fog and headed back to Georgia in order to attend a graduation exercise and didn't make it to Asheville. TopNotch and GrannyLinda had already departed the restaurant. All together we had 6 vehicles participating. Cars left to right are:
Fierofool's 86 driven by Scott Brown, Fierofool's 87, Colin's 85 and Trinten's 86 thunder machine.

Great food at the restaurant. Servings are more than most people can eat at one sitting. You'll want to contact Colin for the name and location. Our original restaurant of choice didn't open until 4PM, so Colin brought us to another. Great choice, Colin.
Love my Fieros, S-curves and speed.
It's what driving was meant to be.

Participating in a gun buy-back program to prevent crime is like having yourself sterilized because your neighbor has too many kids. Author Unknown.
Fierofool

Previous

Return to Events