The Fiero Store

Dedicated threads to vendor feedback, good and bad. Bad feedback comes easily, let's make sure to do good feedback!
Forum rules
If it is negative feedback and involves an ongoing "Saga", you can start a new thread detailing it. A synopsis can be put into the appropriate vendor thread when the issue is settled.

The Fiero Store

Postby Trinten » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:19 am

The Fiero Store has been around for years, selling a wide variety of N.O.S. (New Old Stock) parts, and working to find marketable pieces for reproduction at a reasonable price.

I've ordered from them, probably only a dozen times in the 6 +/- years I've had my Fiero. Everything has always arrived in good shape, and I've been happy with the prices (though when some NOS parts start to get low, the price climbs REAL fast - like the wing-screws for decklid vents, the last time I saw they had them in the store, they were asking 24.95 for them! Up from the around 10 bucks a pop I paid).

So overall, I've had a good experience with them!
1986 Pontiac Fiero GT, 355 cubic inch small block Chevy putting down 371 HP and 381 ft/lbs torque at the wheels, with more to come!
Trinten
Site Admin

Re: The Fiero Store

Postby Red86GT » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:32 pm

I have just started gathering components and parts for my GT. My experience with the Fiero Store so far has been great! Excellent customer service, fast shipping, everything comes in good shape. Very happy with them!
Red86GT

Postby Fierofool » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:57 pm

I've also been ordering from them for years. Most of the products I've bought have been good and a few have been sub-standard. If you are a member of a club and are registered with them, they offer a discount. Our club and members are registered but I've never gotten the discount, but usually the discounts would have been very small, anyways.

I offer a Generation 1 headlight motor rebuild service and I've been using their plastic gears for quite some years. Just this year I began having failure of new gears within 2 weeks of returning the motors to my customers. I found the gears were undersize and notified TFS. They have contacted their manufacturer, who in turn has corrected the problem. I spoke with Matt at TFS, yesterday and they are shipping replacement gears to me, under warranty.

So, I give them a 3 thumbs up and 1 thumb down.
Love my Fieros, S-curves and speed.
It's what driving was meant to be.

Participating in a gun buy-back program to prevent crime is like having yourself sterilized because your neighbor has too many kids. Author Unknown.
Fierofool

Postby Trinten » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:01 pm

Nice catch on the gears, FieroFool! Who knows how long people would have chalked it up to some other issue before it was noticed and corrected. Glad that FS was able to get things straight with their supplier, and square up with you!

I wonder if they'll do a "recall" on them with other customers who had gotten them recently.
1986 Pontiac Fiero GT, 355 cubic inch small block Chevy putting down 371 HP and 381 ft/lbs torque at the wheels, with more to come!
Trinten
Site Admin

Return to Vendor Feedback