McGraw Auto Machine & Parts

Dedicated threads to vendor feedback, good and bad. Bad feedback comes easily, let's make sure to do good feedback!
Forum rules
If it is negative feedback and involves an ongoing "Saga", you can start a new thread detailing it. A synopsis can be put into the appropriate vendor thread when the issue is settled.

Postby Thaidon » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:23 am

Hi everyone. I just had my engine sent off to the machine shop and i would like to put them on here. They were recommended by Napa down in Rock Hill, SC so i thought i would check them out. Talked to them over the phone and got a quote and it was pretty reasonable. (It was quoted $475) They vatted everything, decked the head and block, bored the block, ground and polished the crank, reseated the valves, etc., etc. When all was said and done it ended up being around $700 though, simply because i had to order new pistons, rings (the ones that i originally ordered with the rebuild kit were standard) and had them to turn the flywheel along with some other misc things. Despite all that, this company had everything done within 2 weeks for me and that makes me happy! Should any of you decide to use there services here is their information:

170 Davis St.
Rock Hill, SC 29730
(803) 329-2343
(803) 371-4324
meanmachine@comporium.net

Owner: Anthony McGraw

Should this go well, maybe we could talk with them about getting some sort of a discount for forum members? They are pretty cool guys and this is just a suggestion....
You can't make stupid beautiful...
Thaidon

Return to Vendor Feedback