Attention Hotmail users!

Updates about the board will be posted here.

Attention Hotmail users!

Postby Trinten » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:12 pm

To our members that are hotmail users - I noticed something odd tonight.

I was going through logs and cleaning things up, and I noticed some bounced messages from the notifications email that were intended for hotmail users. It said that either our IP or domain was on, or part of, a blacklisted network. I used mailbox tools to see if we were, nothing turned up, which means whoever our hosts ISP is might be getting themselves on blacklists, and we're just collateral damage.

But if you are a hotmail user, and not getting emails from the boards to notify you of things, please add notifications@ncfiero.com , grumpybadgerhosting.com and vps.grumpybadgerhosting.com to your safe list.

If you click on "Options" in the upper right hand corner, then "More options" there is a "Safe and Block Senders" list you can amend.

Hopefully this will make sure anything you want to get from us will get through!
1986 Pontiac Fiero GT, 355 cubic inch small block Chevy putting down 371 HP and 381 ft/lbs torque at the wheels, with more to come!
Trinten
Site Admin

Re: Attention Hotmail users!

Postby Thaidon » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:36 pm

Hi, just to clarify....that would be *@*grumpybadgerhosting.com correct? Or possible only grumpybadgerhosting.com? I got the other, but am having an issue with this one.
You can't make stupid beautiful...
Thaidon

Postby Trinten » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:42 pm

Hey Thaidon,

Thanks for the catch! I left out a "dot". Edited my original post. Hotmail supported wildcards for their safe lists at one point - hopefully my typo is the only reason why it did not go through.

The corrected should be *@*.grumpybadgerhosting.com (the missing dot was after the second asterisk).

If that still fails, see if it will accept *@grumpybadgerhosting.com

Thanks!
1986 Pontiac Fiero GT, 355 cubic inch small block Chevy putting down 371 HP and 381 ft/lbs torque at the wheels, with more to come!
Trinten
Site Admin

Postby Thaidon » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:47 pm

It is actually not allowing either of the two, sorry... This is the message it keeps giving me:

Warning An email address must be in the following format: name@example.com. A domain must be in the following format: example.com.

Not trying to be difficult, just want things to run smoothly
Thaidon

Postby Trinten » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:55 pm

No problem, you're not being difficult, they've just changed how their safe/block lists work. I should have gone the extra step and tried it out with my test account to see if it still worked the same, so no worries.

I just did that now, and it let me type in vps.grumpbadgerhosting.com and grumpybadgerhosting.com so don't need the * or the dots.

Thanks again for being my tester!
Trinten
Site Admin

Postby Thaidon » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:59 pm

Alright, those two work. Seems to be putting the "@" symbol in automatically when you put in only the domain name. Glad everything has worked out.
Thaidon

Return to Board Alerts