Site Renewal Sponsership

Updates about the board will be posted here.

Site Renewal Sponsership

Postby Chug » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:08 am

Well boys and girls it is coming up on that time for renewal. That means that the site is coming up on its 2yr Anniversary and its time to pay for the domain again.

2 years ago Moolan sponsored the site and I'd like to thank Rei for the support that he gave for the last 2 years. So what I'd like to know is would Moolan like to sponsor us again or would anyone like to donate/sponsor to keep this site going. It doesn't take much and I am willing to pay for it this time around but if we have a sponsor we can give them a little advertising on the site for their money.

I am hoping that Trinten is getting settled in soon so that we can get together on some site updates and get something put together for the site sponsors within the next few months.

Chug
Yes it can be done, it just depends on how deep your wallet is!
Chug

Re: Site Renewal Sponsership

Postby Drew-py » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:52 pm

Chug you will not have to front it all I will be happy to split in on the fees just let me know what and when.
87 GT 3800 II SC, 07 GXP, 91 GMC Syclone #2811
Drew-py

Postby Trinten » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:02 pm

Hey Chug,

I'll paypal you some cash, too.

Getting closer to being settled in. Migrated from having boxes in piles to just having piles of stuff to still be sorted/put away.

Can you forward me a copy of the receipt that you got? I'm debating on switching our Registrar.
1986 Pontiac Fiero GT, 355 cubic inch small block Chevy putting down 371 HP and 381 ft/lbs torque at the wheels, with more to come!
Trinten
Site Admin

Postby Thaidon » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:12 am

I can't say that im familiar with the costs of running a website, but i can kick in some cash. After all, i use this forum as much as everyone else. Send me a P.M. of what i can contribute?
You can't make stupid beautiful...
Thaidon

Postby Trinten » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:34 am

Chug, if you have Paypal setup, do you want to drop it in PM (or post it) for those that would like to contribute?

Thaidon, thank you. The domain expenses aren't too bad, it's the hosting that can get ugly, especially as a site grows. But for right now I am comfortable with paying for the hosting out of pocket. If we ever get large enough to where it gets sticky, I'll probably do what PFF did and put up a donations button. Fierofool had mentioned Incoporating the site, which is still on my list of things to look into, and then we could have membership perks or something.

We'll get it all figured out! :)
1986 Pontiac Fiero GT, 355 cubic inch small block Chevy putting down 371 HP and 381 ft/lbs torque at the wheels, with more to come!
Trinten
Site Admin

Postby Drew-py » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:31 pm

Trinten:
Good to hear you are getting settled in some what, I do feel your pain on moving I did mine 2 weeks ago and still cant see the floor in the 3rd bedroom or the garage in fact I still have stuff at "Chug's Place" waiting on me to pay to ship it here. something about 5 cars plus moving truck and only 4 drivers kind of forced my hand to leave the Carlo in NC hopefully Chug will not drive it near any construction zones that hit water pipes yelling "Hey, Don't dig there" unless he has a witness to his antics of homur :lol:
87 GT 3800 II SC, 07 GXP, 91 GMC Syclone #2811
Drew-py

Postby Chug » Tue May 14, 2013 12:23 pm

Well we are renewed for another 2 years. Tomorrow the website will officially be 2 years old.

Thank You all for continuing to make this board what it is!!

I have a plan to make a place where donations can be made so that we can make this board better with your support.

Chug.
Yes it can be done, it just depends on how deep your wallet is!
Chug

Return to Board Alerts