Who does swaps? Any Locals?

The area that covers non-Fiero things going into the Fiero!

Who does swaps? Any Locals?

Postby timenewton » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:48 pm

I live in Rutherford County NC. I was looking for someone to do a swap of course on a budget too. I have an 85gt with t-tops and really dont want to give that up. Is there anyone semi close that has done these and would be willing to do these? Mine currently has the 3 speed auto. I would be interested in 3.8 sc with auto swap, or a 3.4 dohc with a diff auto too. And am open to ideas as well. My budget is no more than 4k. The car is rust free and the 2.8 and auto were just rebuilt 10k miles ago. It currently has a camaro 1991 ecu in it.
timenewton

Re: Who does swaps? Any Locals?

Postby Chug » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:31 am

$4k is pretty slim to get someone to do the swap and source all the parts you need. On the other hand it is a pretty healthy budget if you can do most of the work yourself. And, how do you have an 85 with T-Tops. that didn't come out till 88?
Yes it can be done, it just depends on how deep your wallet is!
Chug

Postby timenewton » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:48 am

Yeah, I assumed 4k was a low amount. Unfortunately I am not that mechanically inclined. So even a 3.4 dohc would cost more than 4k? I have an 85 gt because it was added. I bought the car from a guy in TN who bought it from currahee performance who did the install. They rebuilt the 2.8 and auto 10k miles ago. Cut all the rust out and re-welded any spots.
timenewton

Postby Chug » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:37 am

The guys from currahee performance are the ones that helped me in all my research to do the 3800sc2 swap in my car. What are your primary reasons for doing the swap? Are you just looking for a trans with more gears or are you looking for more power?

Chug
Yes it can be done, it just depends on how deep your wallet is!
Chug

Return to Swaps