Passkey wiring or delete VATS

The area that covers non-Fiero things going into the Fiero!

Passkey wiring or delete VATS

Postby dts71988 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:36 pm

Hey Everyone Im Dustin.
Its awesome to see so many other NC fiero owners in one place! I got a 85 v6 fiero a couple of years back to have as a project car.. I just pulled a 2002 l36 mated to a 4t65e from a bonneville i have the engine harness, pcm, and the ignition switch with passkey module.. and I'm somewhat stumped on what to to next. I've looked online for hybrid harness pinouts and diagrams but none seem to include the ignition switch or passkey but everyone I've spoken with so far I'll need the module or have to delete VATS from my pcm... Anyone up here do tuning or have advice on wiring in the passkey module ? Thanks in advance for any and all help
dts71988

Re: Passkey wiring or delete VATS

Postby Drew-py » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:42 pm

Most people me included just had the vats delete done because we are using the factory Fiero ignition plus I didn't want to chase down all the info needed, the ECM is VIN coded with matched key. Yes you can pay to have it all read by some one then pay them more to reprogram the ECM but first deal with all their question of where did you get this ECM can you prove its yours BS to make sure you're not trying to steal a car.

As for pin out I am sure its out there I never looked
87 GT 3800 II SC, 07 GXP, 91 GMC Syclone #2811
Drew-py

Postby Chug » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:52 pm

just a quick search on Google showed me that the 98-02 ECMs are the same. Our(Drew and I) tuner can flash out the VATS with a reprogram. You will need to reprogram the ECM before you run it in the car. There are wiring diagrams for the 3800sc2 on this site that you can use or you can contact Drew-py and have him build your harness for you for a reasonable price.
Yes it can be done, it just depends on how deep your wallet is!
Chug

Postby Jncomutt » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:28 pm

I can turn off vats for you.
Jncomutt

Return to Swaps