MSD Ignition Coils

Post here if you're looking to buy something specific.

MSD Ignition Coils

Postby Thaidon » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:20 am

Curious to know if anyone has some MSD Ignition Coils for an '88 2.5l available and in good condition before i go buy some new ones. (I'm almost positive it's the same as on the 1993-200? Fierbirds) I figure that i have a rebuilt motor, may as well get the most out of it. Thanks for taking the time to look.
You can't make stupid beautiful...
Thaidon

Re: MSD Ignition Coils

Postby Fierofool » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:38 pm

Lots of folks on Pennocks are reporting that they're having problems with MSD ignition coils burning out the ignition modules. One individual was getting only about 1 minute run time. They've had the problem go away when changing back to the stock style coils. Something to consider.
Love my Fieros, S-curves and speed.
It's what driving was meant to be.

Participating in a gun buy-back program to prevent crime is like having yourself sterilized because your neighbor has too many kids. Author Unknown.
Fierofool

Re: MSD Ignition Coils

Postby Thaidon » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:20 am

Interesting. I was reading up on Accel coils also and they have more or less the same issue, which is why i was looking into MSD. I suppose i'll do a little more research on this and maybe find a more reliable performance coil. I'll keep everyone updated on my findings.
You can't make stupid beautiful...
Thaidon

Return to Want To Buy