[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4769: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
N.C. Fiero • View topic - [Project] ProtoTy

[Project] ProtoTy

Open chat - within reason.

[Project] ProtoTy

Postby Chug » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:20 pm

Originally started by Chug on 4/30/10

The plan is for a 95 Xtreme Jimmy/Typhoon AWD Turbo

The new Chassis

I scored this for a whapping $250 its a 95 2 door 4x4

Taking her apart
Frame out
All Blocked Up
Frame Out Back
Yes it can be done, it just depends on how deep your wallet is!
Chug

Re: [Project] ProtoTy

Postby Chug » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:42 pm

Originally posted by Chug on 5/22/10

pics from my phone
Finally got the bug again and got the frame undercoated

I have Energy Suspension front and rear bushing set I'm just waiting on the body mount set to show up and the body can go back on the frame!!!!!

The first of my aquisitions for this weekend, More to come!!!

Chug

Postby Chug » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:43 pm

Originally posted by Chug on 5/23/10

3:42 disk rear
Floor shift console dark grey (damn near impossible to find)

All this for a mear $175
------------------------------------------------
The guy that took out the rearend was nice enough to weld up the tubes for me right away
Chug

Postby Chug » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:44 pm

Originally started by Chug on 5/25/10

Time for the weekend!!!! Body should be going back onto frame (so I can move the damn thing in and out of the garage)
Chug

Postby Chug » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:45 pm

Originally started by Chug on 6/16/10

Finally wheeled her outta the garage
Removed the drum brake axel
Inserted frame
Got frame all bolted up with new Energy Suspension body bushings
installed disc rearend and wheels

Due to the condition of the current Typhoon I feel that it is more important to get the drive train into the ProtoTy before getting the rest of the truck finished. Hopefully I can get it done before Typhoon causes any damage to the drive train. So its time to push forward the engine area and prep for the engine.

added a little color 5111 linen white

It's just Duplicolor that we sell at Advance Auto. This stuff lays down really nice, just have to wait for it to dry then clear it.
Chug

Postby Chug » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:46 pm

Originally started by Chug on 6/18/10

Got a little bored this afternoon/evening

Time to Clean

Reassembly

another view

And took the front right suspension out for beed blasting and, maybe, powder coating
Sorry for the pic quality, it's from my phone
Chug

Postby Chug » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:47 pm

Originally started by Chug on 6/20/10

Little update for work done yesterday

removed all front suspension, drivetrain
Time for a trip to the powdercoater
Chug

Postby Chug » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:50 pm

Originally posted by Chug on 6/29/10

Just a small update: Sand blasting the control arms and painting. Original on the right, blasted and primed center, painted and cleared on the left.
Chug

Postby Chug » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:50 pm

Originally posted by Chug on 7/04/10

it is slow and painful but it is moving forward, just have bunches of $$ to spend to get the frontend back together.
Chug

Postby Chug » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:52 pm

Originally posted by Chug on 9/09/10

Not a whole lot pf progress as of lately, funds are a little thin these days. But here is a little update

Acuasitions for July/Aug

Last bit of work so far, just need more paint for the torsion bars then I have to get to the Spindals and front brakes and new ball joints.

I was doing a little inspecting on my paint work and I'm a little dissapointed. I noticed that the clear that i used is turning yellow. Very dissapointing, I guess when I get it back on all 4s I'll have to strip and repaint the firewall. :(
Chug

Postby Chug » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:53 pm

Originally posted by Chug on 11/04/10

Well I finally got off my ass and got some pics uploaded
I'm currently in another delay, seems that I do not have a right caliper and bracket :(

Chug

Postby Chug » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:54 pm

Originally posted by Chug on 12/24/10

the truck is moving along very slowly, I mean VERY slowly. I did manage to make it to Young's for some auto part pilfering and scored a hydroboost brake system off of a early 90's 2500. Also got the right caliper and bracket that I was missing. And scored some grey leather door panels. That was all for me but we also got Drew some stuff for his Sy. The right hand caliper that he was missing, a hydrobooster , no PS pump and a vin Z block and heads for him to start his rebuild with.

Hopefully after the holidays are over I can get back to my project and get this thing back on the ground. I am looking at a replacement 4 seat vehicle so that I can take the TY down for disassembly. I had recently acquired a gold 87 GT that someone has offered a 98 S-10 Blazer 4door 4X4 for. I believed that I'm going to take him up on the trade if he comes through with it. I do miss my 91 4door 4X4 that I used to have and I think this might be a nice truck for me and the family to enjoy (and modify). all this and to try and keep miles from piling up on the Titan and its 20's, them tires are a f-ing bunch of money. All in hopes that the Blazer will make the next 6 years so that I can pass it to my oldest son when he gets his license.
Chug

Postby Chug » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:54 pm

Originally posted by Chug on 1/23/11

Acquisition's for December January

A couple of leather door panels but I do need to get a a better passenger side panel

The Caliper that I was missing and a hydroboost system

All of this for a grand total of $40 at the all you can carry Sat Am pick a part.

Well the deal fell through on the Blazer, no biggie, didn't know that I wanted to get rid of the Gold car anyway.
Chug

Postby Chug » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:55 pm

Originally posted by Chug on 3/23/11

Here are the acquisition's for February and March.
A set of Axel's, some 1"-3" drop keys and finally completed the paint on the calipers and brackets (not pictured is an Energy Suspension sway bar mounting kit)

Finally got the Drivers side mounted

finished up some small things on the Passenger side

Full Shot!!

STAY TUNED!!
Chug

Postby Chug » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:56 pm

Originally posted by Chug on 3/26/11

The 93 Typhoon has finally started giving up some parts. Starting with the Front Diff!!!

Also got'er some new motor mounts

And stole the wheels off the Typhoon

Now I have to order some poly bushings for the front diff mounts and get it in the 95 and it will be able to roll once again!!!
Chug

Postby Chug » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:57 pm

Originally posted by Chug on 4/04/11

Time to break it down!!

That isnt a shadow inside the case, it is the line where the gear oil was at. I'm thinking that this truck has spent some time sitting.

The ring and pinion looks awesome, I dont think that there is 150,000 on this unit.

Changed the carrier bushings, still have to change the ones in the diff case once the thing is back together.

Hoping for this kind of stance when its done!!!
Chug

Postby Chug » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:58 pm

Originally posted by Chug on 4/25/11

I started my weekend setting the brakes up on the front end and finally got that front diff reassembled and hung in the 95 chassis with the new Energy Suspension bushing kit. All I need now for it is some better bolts for the axle to diff flanges and to get everything in the front end tightened up then the front suspension will be complete
Chug

Postby Chug » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:59 pm

Originally posted by Chug on 5/25/11

Sorry for the slow progress but lots of other things have needed my attention lately.

But I did get the front diff installed with the CV axles and brakes

I also put on a fender and the wheels to see a little what it'll look like.

I have started taking the Typhoon apart. But I am trying not to lay it out all over the driveway, I guess it pisses the neighbors off. They have already called Zoning for running a "garage" out of my driveway. Oh well what to do.
Chug

Postby Chug » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:00 pm

Originally posted by Chug on 6/05/11

got some work done yesterday, finally released the Sy motor from the rusty clutches of the Blazer that had been keeping it company since '93.
the funny part in the last pic is, the whole truck is off the ground. i left the floor jack under the hitch when i put the cherry picker under the front to lift it.

Now for the bad stuff. Besides that everything made of steel is rusty and falling apart, here are the other bads

These trucks are supposed to have a vette 700r4, these markings suggest otherwise

iIt seems that I may have found the source of my white smoke. It seems that the intercooler that sits right in front of the TB has a hole in it. Guess I'll be going A2A

and of coarse the quintessential cracked manifold
Chug

Postby Chug » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:01 pm

Originally posted by Chug on 7/05/11

Got the bug this weekend. Put the motor in for safe keeping. That and there is no room in the garage
Down pipe fits no modifications needed.
Top view for good measure

Unfortunately I'll have to take the motor out one more time. I have to get a heat shield for the pass side motor mount and I forgot to put in the pre-load plates on the motor mounts when I bolted them to the engine.
Chug

Postby Chug » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:01 pm

Originally posted by Chug on 9/10/11

Well I have removed everything that actually belonged to the Typhoon. In my findings I have found that this truck was a 1991 Chevy Blazer, not a 1993 Typhoon. The research found that the Typhoon that was under the VIN before this was totaled out in 1993 in Sewall NJ. I can only imagine that the shop that got it got themselves an old Blazer and put the Ty parts in. The work done to that truck was horrible, that is why I decided to gut it and start over again with this project.

In saying that Typhoon 0994 has been retired from the SYTY registry. Here is hoping that it gets reincarnated into something great, not a toaster.

Look closely at the video, we thought that the frame was going to fall out of the truck when he picked it up. Ya it was that rusted out and not worth it!!

Chug

Postby Chug » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:02 pm

Originally posted by Chug on 12/23/11

Got some new parts in for Christmas.
A New set of Bilsteins
fronts installed
Some drop leafs to complete the suspension

Did a little work over the last week
Chug

Postby Chug » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:03 pm

Originally posted by Chug on 12/23/11

Got some new parts in for Christmas.
A New set of Bilsteins
fronts installed
Some drop leafs to complete the suspension

Did a little work over the last week
Chug

Postby ncfierokid » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:53 am

sweet!!!!
ncfierokid

Postby Chug » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:01 pm

Little update

Some ring gaping by Drew-Py (one day ill get him to register here)

Sitting in her new home, hopefully for a long time.

You'd think I'd check this thread a little more often!!! :D
Chug

Next

Return to General