[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4769: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
N.C. Fiero • View topic - [Project] ProtoTy

[Project] ProtoTy

Open chat - within reason.

Re: [Project] ProtoTy

Postby ncfierokid » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:31 pm

Thats interesting about the trans maybe they just bolted the ty engine to the stock blazer trans??
ncfierokid

Postby Trinten » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:41 pm

Thanks for the update!

When I was at your place last, I asked Drewpy "What about that expensive broken part?" after a confusing conversation, Drewpy thought I meant a gasket that you guys will wind up making... but on reviewing the thread during the move of it, I remember the specifics - the intercooler!

I know you said you were thinking of going A2A, is that still the plan or are you going to find another solution?

Looking good man. And yes, Get Drewpy Registered, so I can get his posts under his name!
1986 Pontiac Fiero GT, 355 cubic inch small block Chevy putting down 371 HP and 381 ft/lbs torque at the wheels, with more to come!
Trinten
Site Admin

Postby Chug » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:36 pm

well my h2o to air has a hole in it and the truck doesnt have good provisions for the cooler
Yes it can be done, it just depends on how deep your wallet is!
Chug

Postby Trinten » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:16 pm

Gotcha, I didn't realize that fitting the heat exchanger would be an issue.

The only thing that jumped to mind was someone who put a cooler between the body panel and the frame, and put a scoop on the body panel - though that was on a Fiero, so might not work at all in this case.

Hole in the intercooler is another issue entirely though, I agree. I know you said it was a fairly expensive part, I don't recall the cost - but take a look at this -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GMC-Typhoon-Syc ... b2&vxp=mtr

Is that what you need, and is that a fair price?
1986 Pontiac Fiero GT, 355 cubic inch small block Chevy putting down 371 HP and 381 ft/lbs torque at the wheels, with more to come!
Trinten
Site Admin

Postby Chug » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:45 am

the issue is that the oil filter location is in the location for the heat exchanger, and I want to eliminate another thing that brakes. Less moving parts, that and I plan to replace the grill (webbing area) with the A2A intercooler for a interesting look 8-) :twisted:
Chug

Postby Trinten » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:22 pm

That'll look awesome. I've seen some turbo'd 4th gen Camaros that did things like that, they look pretty mean (when done right - a few looked... 'off').
Trinten
Site Admin

Postby Chug » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:51 am

Well got the accessories mounted and the headers, I did hit a snag, the headers were built for the 1st generation body so the down pipe doesn't fit the 2nd generation. Drew-py and I have our work fabbing up a new downpipe and modding the A/C box to make the room. Wiring coming soon.
Chug

Postby Trinten » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:12 pm

Sorry to hear about the headers! Not an easy task to find the right ones? Or just easier to modify what you have?

Getting near the home-stretch, huh?
Trinten
Site Admin

Postby Chug » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:21 pm

cant get "the right ones" they never put this engine in the 2nd gen. I could get regular headers but I need the turbo ones. Just going to mod the A/C box to make the room and modify the down pipe
Chug

Postby Chug » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:03 pm

Time to wire.............................................
de-lume the harness
Remove tape, clip junctions and de-pin
disassemble and organize
lay back out in the corrected orientation

All terminations have been figured out, except for the DRAC connections for the speedometer. I just need to get some spare wiring harness to replace the pins I broke and for the correct color and gauge wire to extend some conductors. And I need the plug with wire that goes into the selector switch on the transmission, that seems to have been lost. :(
Chug

Postby Trinten » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:47 am

It's still a huge amount of progress!

Whole project has been pretty impressive. Hopefully a solution for the speedo will come to mind - or use the speedhut GPS speedometer or something along those lines.

The missing connector, I take it that's sort of a tough thing to replace?
Trinten
Site Admin

Postby Chug » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:26 pm

well the speedo is just a matter of research to find the input wires for the DRAC module , the other is just a matter of getting the connector and some wires and hook it up. :mrgreen:
Chug

Postby Trinten » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:49 pm

Okay, so it's not as crazy as it is for other swaps - that doesn't sound too bad then.
Trinten
Site Admin

Postby Chug » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:40 pm

Peek-a-BOOOO!!!!!

:evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :ugeek:
Chug

Postby Trinten » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:49 pm

Awesome! Now how much more output is that turbo versus the stock one?
Trinten
Site Admin

Postby Chug » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:18 am

Almost double
Chug

Postby Chug » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:18 pm

Sorry it has been a while since i posted an update on this. Not a whole lot to update, I have been a little stalled on the wiring harness. I have been working on other projects like putting a crank in a 95 S10, working on Drew-Pys Syclone and some home repairs so here are some updates. And I was held up by some jackass that had a killer deal on a ZR2 that I have been waiting on, I have now gave up on him seeing as he wont return my phone calls or texts.

Acquisition for Summer '12, left is stock right is new

Where I'm at today

The hold up from last week (Drew-pys Syclone)

I have told my wife that this truck would be running by my 40th birthday (May 14th) if I had to sell the '02 Xtreme to do it. Keep watching!!!
Chug

Postby Trinten » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:53 pm

Your wiring harness looks pretty awesome though (for those of you wondering where pics of it are, I saw it in person when I was at Chug's last month).

I don't know if I'd have the patience to do something like that myself.

Man next year is going to be awesome.
Trinten
Site Admin

Postby Drew-py » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:37 pm

well now I have registered and put updates on my Fiero build now I just need to put up my newest build profile on the Syclone
87 GT 3800 II SC, 07 GXP, 91 GMC Syclone #2811
Drew-py

Postby Chug » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:01 am

Well boys, back to business!!! Over the past fer weeks I have been repairing the roof on our home, piss poor roofer before I bought it. And getting Bil's car going and replacing the crank in a friends S-10 and helping Drew get his Syclone back into a condition that he can finish it on his own, it has been almost 3 years since this truck has been down. Drew and I spent yesterday putting Mel's Syclone motor back in it's rightful home, all he has to do is button her up. It's been almost 2 years that his truck has been down. Seeing as the Indy purchase has been complete it is time to get back on "THE" project. NOW IT's TIME FOR ME TO WORK ON MY STUFF!!!!

So I had a ordering mishap and it took a couple of weeks to correct. I finally have all the parts in to button up the brakes and power steering. I have the headers mounted and the turbo mounted. (Pics Later). Plan for today is to get the brakes and PS buttoned and bled and to finally mount the core support fenders and hood and give her a wash!! (Pics Later) !! If time permits today I'll be looking at the harness again today to make sure I'm getting the continuity, in the harness, to get this thing to start.

Next order, after the holiday recovery, will be fuel lines and oil feed for the turbo. Then it's time to button up the harness, find a couple of gallons of ethanol free gas and charge a battery to finally give her a crank to see if she'll run. If that happens than the goal for May will have been achieved.
Chug

Postby Trinten » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:56 am

Alright! Glad to hear you got things finished with Mel, and the progress on Drewpy's Syclone.

Did you get a chance to see if the ECU you're using is one of the ones that are compatible with that ?
Trinten
Site Admin

Postby Chug » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:48 am

Well the day wasn't as productive as I had hoped. I got the lines done for the hydrobooster/power steering and got the brakes bled. I also finally put the prop shaft back in. Didn't get any of the front end back on, that will have to wait for another week. We are getting to close to the holidays so the next update will be after new years (if we make it passed the 21st LOL)

Chug

Postby Chug » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:32 pm

Hummmmmmmmm Goodies!!

Chug

Postby Chug » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:37 pm

So I was a little busy today getting ready for the pipe work this coming weekend, enjoy the pics :)

Chug

Postby Thaidon » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:45 pm

If only i had the mechanical knowledge to do things like this...eventually; maybe. (To be quite honest, i HATE working on cars. Don't have the patience, but with my fiero i'm learning)

I think the truck is looking great. You've obviously put the time into this project. Now if only it were a ford....

Kidding, kidding...i jest...
You can't make stupid beautiful...
Thaidon

PreviousNext

Return to General