Need some help here.

Open chat - within reason.

Need some help here.

Postby Super d » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:27 pm

Hi guys. Firstly I do not own a fiero but my old roommate had a 87 fiero. Maybe 86. However he no longer lives here and left this engine block as collateral lol. Not sure what it is. I can take some pictures and none of the codes I look up are the right ones. Normally the cast is by where you would attach the trany but idk. I'm in Wilmington and need to get rid of this thing. Its new and still on the engine stand he bought for when he took it out of the crate. Think it was 500 dollars or so on eBay. If anyone around here in NC knows any of your fiero Brethren that needs a block let em know. I'm almost positive that it just bolts up but again I don't have a fiero. Maybe someone could just look at a picture and know what a normal engine that is typically swapped looks like. Anyway thanks for anyone who can help identify or get rid of this thing. Given that I am moving fairly soon it will just stay in the garage and probably get scrapped by the owner of the house.
Super d

Re: Need some help here.

Postby CowsPatoot » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:21 am

Go ahead and toss a pic up...I bet we can ID it. Or, you can email pics to cowspatoot@gmail.com if that is easier. Is it just a block, or a full engine?
CowsPatoot

Postby Super d » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:41 am

Right on. I will take a few pictures soon and have them uploaded by nookish.And its a full engine not just the block my bad . Thanks again for the help.
Super d

Postby Super d » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:13 am

Here are some pictures of this thing. Any ideas? I'm not mechanically illiterate or anything i just know nothing of these fieros except that his always had something wrong with it egr valves and such things.

This needs to disappear like yesterday ha.
Super d

Postby CowsPatoot » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:22 pm

Saw the post over at Pennock's too....they called it correctly, 96-97 3.4 TDC.

I would love to take it off your hands, but can't offer anything but a ride out of there. All I would be doing right now would be to store it for a future project. Would be fun to drop into Colin's car when he kills his engine.
CowsPatoot

Postby Super d » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:26 pm

Trade me something cool it doesn't matter. 5187089058 text me. If I wasn't moving I would build something sick with it. Dune buggy maybe :P
Super d

Return to General