is this one worth anything?

Open chat - within reason.

is this one worth anything?

Postby mkiker2089 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:01 pm

It's two hours away from me which is a negative and I'm assuming it's trashed. The good is that it can be had cheap and there is a certain appeal to bringing it back to life.

http://columbia.craigslist.org/cto/4326670851.html
Marshall-
Nun sacciu, nun vidi, nun ceru e si ceru durmiv.
I know nothing, I see nothing, I wasn't there,
and if I was there, I was asleep.
mkiker2089

Re: is this one worth anything?

Postby CowsPatoot » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:23 pm

Pros: He is only asking slightly over scrap value for the car. It is an SE, so it might be highly optioned. Reasonably low miles might indicate a nice interior.
Cons: It's an 84. It will be a nightmare for wiring issues. It will need paint, tires, brakes, battery, clutch hydraulics if it is a manual, complete new ignition system as a bare minimum for the engine, and most likely a fuel pump. That is a MINIMUM of what it will need. It has been sitting outside for several years and has sunk into the ground...so it may have some rust issues now. Being outside in SC, there is a good chance the sun has taken it's toll on the interior. It is an 84.

If you could talk him down a little bit, this could end up being a great deal on a parts car....but I think you are throwing your money away to try to put this one back on the road.

Seriously...if you want the best car at the best price, you may need to be open to traveling to get it. I have a truck and trailer....you could probably talk me into a road trip.
CowsPatoot

Re: is this one worth anything?

Postby mkiker2089 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:58 pm

Alright, I've decided to pass. My idea was that even if it cost more in the long run the journey would be worth it. It just has too many strikes against it though. Someone on the forum should get it to salvage what they can though, just not me not now.
Marshall-
Nun sacciu, nun vidi, nun ceru e si ceru durmiv.
I know nothing, I see nothing, I wasn't there,
and if I was there, I was asleep.
mkiker2089

Return to General