Napoleon Tanerite - tail light restoration or time travel?

Open chat - within reason.

Napoleon Tanerite - tail light restoration or time travel?

Postby Trinten » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:34 pm

So I found on ebay that Napoleon was selling restored GT Tail lights -- claiming to use that very tedious, and in my opinion risky, method of popping the lens off, separating the two pieces, and then using paint and clear coat to make it look awesome again.

I reached out to him, having a few sets (and partial sets) of GT tail lights, and worked out shipping him a set of mine to restore. When I got them back today and unwrapped them, I realized he actually travels back in time and buys OEM tail lights. I haven't figured out how he's converting the currency yet. But I'm onto him!!

Here's my irrefutable photographic evidence. Including how it was all wrapped up. Come on, who really takes that much care in wrapping up parts, outside of the manufacturers... back when they still cared?

I took the pictures in doors, so had to battle odd lighting and reflections, but they are freaking so near perfect, that I had to go over them very carefully to find any flaw at all. Crazy awesome work! (The white flecks are from the popcorn dust from the box... static electricity sucks sometimes).

1986 Pontiac Fiero GT, 355 cubic inch small block Chevy putting down 371 HP and 381 ft/lbs torque at the wheels, with more to come!
Trinten
Site Admin

Re: Napoleon Tanerite - tail light restoration or time trave

Postby Red86GT » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:28 pm

OMG!!!!! Freaking Awesome!!!!!!! :o
Red86GT

Re: Napoleon Tanerite - tail light restoration or time trave

Postby Trinten » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:41 pm

Yup, he also sells sets on Ebay. Pretty good prices, too!
Eventually I'll send him the rest of my partial sets I have in the garage (I have like, 3 RH, and maybe one more LH part).
1986 Pontiac Fiero GT, 355 cubic inch small block Chevy putting down 371 HP and 381 ft/lbs torque at the wheels, with more to come!
Trinten
Site Admin

Return to General